I’d really like to lay claim to be the first person to start the campaign to get rid of him . He’s already been here 3 months and we’ve had enough of him – right ? . Lets analyse the evidence.
1) He sold our best player and our only decent striker 2) He sold our 3rd or 4th best player 3) He sent us a load of useless foreign players , none of whom have helped one bit. ( I’m excluding Astrid’s corner against QPR- its hardly a hatrick is it?)
4) He has sacked our beloved manager , who despite the odd tactical faux pas loved and understood the club and was very successful on a tiny budget . 5) He has sent one of his Belgian mates over as manager ,a bloke whose managerial career , includes less success , at a lower level , than Chris Powell . He is also 12 years or more older than Powell , although apparently he is good at mending laptops , following his lengthy career in IT.
6) According to Richard Murray the big benefit is that never again will we have to sell off youngsters at well below market rate – well , except Diego Poyet, of course – apart from him .
7) Roland is however fascinated by the whole social environmental side of football and is determined to make the whole experience more entertaining . I’m really looking forward to banding together with the other 6 blokes in the new North Stand Lounge listening to Bold Bolder telilng a joke whilst Rochdale are warming up on the pitch below . Don’t get me wrong , I love the whole social classless society bit at football , but the thing that really turns me on is when that little round thing ends up between those two tall sticks in the netty thing.
8) As I have said before the whole European network of clubs idea is a complete load of cobblers . It doesn’t actually work at any level at all, except just maybe for the top club who can farm out their wage bill and poor performers
In a week when EbbsFleet becomes the site of a new garden city and yet more new homes get built on our supporter area , why cant we have a progressive owner with a vision ?
ROLAND OUT !!!!!