All Charlton fans should listen to the latest and final instalment of the excellent ‘ Getting to know the Network’ , link here http://www.gettingtoknowthenetwork.com/episode-four-the-end-game/
None of it is surprising and most was in the public domain anyway, but bearing in mind that Roland is apparently a highly intelligent individual -most , if not all, of his key decisions on Charlton have shown a complete lack of common sense.
No common sense in
- Appointing a CEO with no experience, either in football or of being a CEO
- Selling the team’s best players almost immediately after takeover instead of building around them
- Using Thomas Dreisen as the key scout/voice on transfers when he has never played football and only recommends players from videos
- Alienating the fan base with nonsense about them being customers rather than owning the club.
- Hiring managers ( lots of them) and using players ( lots of them) most of them without prior experience of managing or playing in the English Championship.
- the list is endless ……………………………………..
We can only hope that the nightmare will soon come to an end, – the continuing low profile/disappearance of Katrien is surely a hopeful sign that a change of ownership is on the way. It can’t come soon enough.
Meantime, lets all support the team and the memory of Keith Palmer on Tuesday and the Upbeats walk on the 8th. I shall be doing the walk and I’m in intensive training today , which means I might have to walk to the pub tonight